Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jillian Tamaki

I am fan and a follower of Jillian Tamaki. Her illustrations are different yet it has that trendy feel. Although it reminds me of my ever idol James Jean, Jillian's illustrations are bold and strong. I first discovered her a few months back with her unique book covers for peguin books--its an embroidery!

More of her sexy, bold works here.


" You’re not a machine and you’re allowed to evolve and change. Illustration is such a fad/trend driven industry; that what is popular today will likely be dated sometime down the road. I actually try to see experimentation and change as an investment in my own longevity. Maybe I’m naive, but that’s what I tell myself."

-Jillian's take on consistency of style. I will have to agree with her on this and that is why she one of my sexpirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment